Thread: Carnival Glory Jan 19, 2014

Exclamation Carnival Glory Jan 19, 2014

Rec'd notification from Carnival of itinerary change on Sep. 20th 2013. Change due to "operational considerations". Maybe somehow that means "cramming lots of ships into the same port saves us money" I checked Cruise TT, but the revised itinerary has not been posted yet and the old one was displayed. After looking at the revised port schedule and matching it up with Cruise TT, I am amazed at the high number of other ships that are scheduled at the same ports, especially the tender ports. Previously the Glory was going to be among only 1 or 2 ships at some stops. Can Cozumel really handle over 23,000 passengers? Wondering if any other ships have revised itineraries, but haven't been posted yet. I do not know if other Carnival Glory itineraries are changed as well.
    Carnival Glory Jan 19th 2014 Revised to:

Jan 19 Miami, FL
    Jan 20 Day at Sea
    Jan 21 Cozumel, Mexico
    Jan 22 Belize City, Belize
    Jan 23 Roatan, Honduras
    Jan 24 Grand Cayman
    Jan 25 Day at Sea
    Jan 26 Miami, FL

Question Port of Belize

Jan 19 Miami, FL
    Jan 20 Day at Sea
    Jan 21 Cozumel, Mexico
    Jan 22 Belize City, Belize
    Jan 23 Roatan, Honduras
    Jan 24 Grand Cayman
    Jan 25 Day at Sea
    Jan 26 Miami, FL
    Additional info. It appears on Cruise CTT that Glory will now be the 5th ship in the port of Belize. Last year Carnival cancelled Belize when there were going to be 5 ships in Belize due to not enough tenders/port congestion. Hope they haven't changed it then plan to cancel it. Maybe Glory and Legend bookings are lagging for that week... Has anyone been in Belize with 5 cruise ships in port? Seems like it would be pretty crowded.

I was on the Glory last year. Had a good cruise, Never been to Belize but its a place I'm hoping to visit sometime...will be interested to know how you got on when you return.

And I have faced it. Let's discuss this question.