The Baseball Greats theme cruise includes free interactive guest/player activities. Participate in a player-hosted trivia game where guests test their baseball knowledge, question-and-answer sessions with the players, and a guest pitching contest. Be entertained during lively story-telling sessions where they share some candid revelations about “characters” of the game. Players will also host pitching, hitting, fielding and base running clinics.
The free autograph session at the end of the cruise is an extremely popular activity among the guests onboard. The player line-up on these itineraries will be announced at a later date.
Caribbean cruises featuring the baseball theme include:
- November 14, 2010: 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise calling at St. Thomas, Virgin Islands; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; and Nassau, Bahamas.
- December 5, 2010: 7-night Western Caribbean Wonders calling at Key West, Florida; Ocho Rios, Jamaica; Georgetown, Grand Cayman; and Cozumel, Mexico.
- January 9, 2011: 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise
- January 23, 2011: 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise
- February 6, 2011: 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise
The 16-piece Les DeMerle Big Band, with vocalist Bonnie Eisele, will be featured on two MSC Poesia sailings. Dynamic drummer Les DeMerle has toured and recorded with the Harry James Big Band and Wayne Newton; the band has also accompanied many performers such as Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr., The Manhattan Transfer, Mel Torme and Al Jarreau.
In addition to their performances, the band will present a Big Band Jazz Concert and Les will conduct a lecture on the Big Band Era.
- October 23, 2010: 9-night Canada/New Englandrepositioning cruise departing Quebec City, Quebec, Canada and calling at Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada; Boston, Massachusetts; Newport, Rhode Island; New York, New York; and Fort Lauderdale, Florida.